Kabillion, Launches on Mediacom Independently owned VOD network Kabillion ranked among the Top 10 Kids Free On Demand networks with fan favorites original titles including ‘Dream Defenders.’ Read full article here.
We will be making an announcement for a major deal we have sealed this October at MIPCOM Cannes. This is a key chapter for our company as well as a new historical record for Singapore Animation Industry. It will secure our future for the next 12 years.
We are currently in talks with some of the ex Dreamworks leadership to take up key positions for Production Designer, Animation Director, Story Director etc. Before we open the rest of the positions globally, we hope to explore potential talents locally first.
If you are a Singaporean or PR and you are interested in the following positions, please register yourself at the link here. We will call you to attend the open house, let you know more about the projects and will brief you for the job interview.
I have been running a Facebook group for quite a while to help CEO/Founders/Producers of animation startup on IP Creations and Entrepreneurship in Animation. https://www.facebook.com/groups/EntreAnimation/
On the 19th August, Saturday this time. (9:30am Singapore time), I will be giving a Facebook Live Lecture on challenges faced and lessons learnt when starting out our own animation studio and also building your own IP at (Tiny Island facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tinyislandproductions/). Hope you find it useful.
We will be making an announcement for a major deal we have sealed this October at MIPCOM Cannes. This is a major chapter for our company as well as a new historical record for Singapore Animation Industry. It will secure our future for the next 12 years.
The topic reminded me of something. Things I learnt in my own journey.
1) PERSISTENCY & RESILIENCE “No matter how hard others kick your butt. You must still remain in position." In Hokkien I call it "Pa Si Buoy Zhao spirit" - "打死不走的精神“
2) JUST DO IT Some words have to be erased from your dictionary. " Burn out, Don't know how to do, Cannot do" must all be removed. If you want to live, JUST DO IT. No time to think of anything else.
3) ADMIT YOUR FAILURE More than often we give excuses for our incompetency. I can't do it because I am not clever, I am not gifted, I am poor, I am not handsome blah blah blah .... Admit own's failure is important. Don't be embarrassed. Failure is ok. Making mistake is ok. No need excuses. Just reflect on why you fail and try to improve. Denying it will not make you learn. The more you fail. The better you will be.
4) DON'T JUST TALK. DO IT I meet people who "talk a lot but no action"
5) THINK THINK THINK BUT STILL NO ACTION! "Don't think until cow come home still no action!" The world will not wait for you. Analyse the situation. Ask yourself. What if you fail? That is all you need to ask. Can you still stand up and walk. If your answer is YES. Do it. Stop thinking anymore. The more you think. The more you are afraid and will not do it.
In our line, I met many people going round and round in circles. Blame (Foreign talents) FT, blame govt, blame this blame that. Get Emo (emotional) said Burn out. No one will help you.
Like what Jack Ma said. Change yourself is easy. Change others is difficult. Blame here blame there is of no use.
If you cannot change others, change yourself.
If the situation do not change. And you cannot do anything about it. Adjust yourself to try another way to overcome the obstacles. Else you will remain stationary forever.
So to me "How do I build Grit in Kids?" Make them hungry. Use the situation to force their way out.
The problem we face now is many are not hungry. When Singapore face the next crisis, I worry we might fall apart.